Sunday 1 February 2015

Primark P.S.Love Makeup Range

After watching Becca Rose's video on the primark makeup range I just had to go out and buy some of the products to try out for myself.

Some of the products I bought where:
8 Shade Day Eyeshadow Palette- From what I could see Primark have two eyeshadow palettes, a day and a night one. I bought the day palette as it included more shades that I would normally go for, it includes 8 shades: 6 shimmer and 2 Matte. The first thing that drew me towards this palette was the colour selection as I knew that I would get my wear out of every single one of the shades. The first four shades would create a lovely natural pink shimmery eye whereas the last four shades would create a really natural smokey eye. The palette includes a mid tone brown which looks perfect in the crease and works well as a transition shade if you're going for a bolder look. It also includes the essential shimmery white shade for highlighting the in corners of the eye. A big plus of the palette is that it includes a massive mirror which is perfect for touching up makeup on the go or for travelling. The palette costs £2.50 so it's really inexpensive so it's perfect for anyone on a budget. I've tried this palette out a few times and I do think that it's really good for the price however its not a palette that I will instinctively reach for. Some of shadows are slightly chalky and they do need some extra blending but on days where I have a little more time in a morning this doesn't become that much of a problem but I have found it easier to reach for other palettes. I think this would be a perfect first palette and definitely something to look into if your new to eye makeup.

Matte Long Last Lipsticks- I picked up two shades from their matte lip collection including a red and a bright pink. I actually really like the gold packaging of these lipstick as it gives the feel that they're most expensive then they actually are and at £1.50 each these are a real bargain. Before trying these out my expectations were really low, I assumed they'd flake and stick to dry patches and that they'd be fading 5 minutes aftrer applying but these lipsticks did the complete opposite. I wore the red one a couple of times over the Christmas period and It actually lasted really well. The pink one was a lot more vibrant than I first thought which has meant that it is less wearable but I'll keep trying to find a way to wear this. The only downfall of these lipsticks are the smell and unfortunately I find it quite hard to look past it which is why I won't be buying any more shades which is really sad because these lipsticks really are great for the money.
3D Shine Lipgloss Berry 61- I would say these are a lot more like lip laquer's than a lip gloss as the consistency is really thick. These have similar packaging to the lipsticks with the gold lid and writing up the tube which I think is a really nice touch.The main difference between the two lip products is the smell. The lipglosses smell so much better than the lipsticks which is a major plus in my opinion. The shade I picked up was a beautiful berry shade which looks great in the wintery months. The only thing I didn't like about this product was the applicator as it made it really hard to apply the lipgloss without getting it outside of my lips but when it was applied it looked amazing. The colour is really bold and really glossy without being too sticky so the pros of the product definitely outweigh the cons.
Liquid Lipstick Berry 08- I also bought the liquid lipstick in the colour berry and there is very little difference between the lipgloss and the liquid lipstick. They both have that same annoying applicator and the consistency is pretty much the same so I probably wouldn't of bought both the lipgloss and the liquid lipstick if I'd known how similar they were. The only difference is that the liquid lipstick is a slightly lighter shade of purple so if I'm not in a bold purple lip mood the liquid lipstick is a better choice.

Lip pencil 01-This is a newer purchase compared to the other 5 products as I only picked this up the last time I was in Primark but after giving it a little swatch in the shop I had to have it especially cause it was only £1. It was really creamy so glided on easily which means that it shouldn't tug on the lips when applying it and the colour was definitely something I was lacking in my collection. I got it in the shade 01 which is a pinky brown which will be perfect for recreating that 90's lip look that's on completely on trend.

Have you tried out any of the Primark Makeup Range, Do you think it's a hit or a miss?

Victoria-Jane 
x
Follow me on Bloglovin here

No comments:

Post a Comment