Tuesday 13 January 2015

The Revolution Primer Edit

Recently I've become obsessed with trying out new primers to try and get the most out of my makeup throughout the day. The Revolution stand is the first place I head to when in Superdrug so over the past few weeks I've tried out their face and eye primer.

Ultra Face Base Primer-A face primer is essential in my makeup routine as I want my makeup to look as best as possible after long days of college as it did when I first applied it in the morning. This was a primer that I picked up a few weeks ago for £5 and so far I've been loving it. This primer is silicone based and seamlessly blends into nothing on the skin which makes it very lightweight. Compared to other primers in my collection it matches the job they do and keeps my makeup in place for as long as possible. I just apply a small amount into the areas that get worn away quickest and blend it out using my fingers. As well as making my makeup last longer it also helps make my foundation application easy and flawless and when applied all over the face it creates a super smooth base. This makes it a lot easier to blend foundation on top and it helps to avoid clogging up pores and clinging to dry patches.

Focus and Fix Eye Primer- This primer has been in my collection for a little bit longer so it's had a lot more use. This is the eye primer that I reach for most because it does exactly what I want it too and it's only £2.50! They come in three shades: original, matte and brightening. I have the brightening one and I apply just a small dab of this onto the lid and blend out with my fingers before appling eyeshadows and my eye makeup seems to last twice as long. As well as prolonging the wear this makes my eyeshadow look more intense especially when wearing metallic eyeshadows, Even though I reach for this pretty much everyday I still seem a long way from finishing the tube but when I do this will definitely be a repurchase.

I've recently bought the Revolution Pro Fix Amazing Makeup Fixing Spray to see if that could keep my makeup in place for the day so I'll be putting a review together on that as soon as I've tried it out.

Are primer's something you use often, if so which is your favourite? What are your favourtie Revolution products?

Victoria-Jane 
x
Follow me on Bloglovin here

6 comments:

  1. What a bargain for the eye primer, I really need to get some but I don't really wear eye shadow much so I feel like I wouldn't use it, but at £2.50 you can't really go wrong haha!

    http://thelittlebluesailboat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too cheap to resist! It's always good to have one on stock, just in case. It might even tempt you into wearing eyeshadow on a more regular basis! :) x

      Delete
  2. My current eye primer isn't very good however I think i'll be trying out this one very soon! Great post x

    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alice! It's a great primer especially for the price! :) x

      Delete
  3. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    http://emmalcx.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that eyeshadow primer and I really like it, it really helps my eyeshadow last all day.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete