Thursday 20 November 2014

Beauty Buys In London!

Finally, after weeks of lusting over the Sleek Precious Metals Highlighting Palette I managed to pick one up in Superdrug (here) when on my visit to London the other week. The palette is even more stunning in person and I cant wait to start using it. The four different shades Platinum, Royal Gold, Renaissance Gold and Antique Bronze are all such pretty shades and I can tell they are going to look as beautiful on the face as they do in the packaging.

Another product that I had on my wishlist for this month, which you can read here, was the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer (here). So I picked this up with the Sleek palette as part of the 3 for 2 offer. I really wanted to try out the Lumi Magique primer as well but decided to try out the highligter/concealer pen first to see what I thought. I'm literally obsessed with rose gold packaging so this was a must buy!
To complete the 3 for 2 mix and match offer at Superdrug I picked up the Bourjois Happy Light foundation (here) after seeing so many good reviews. I really wanted to try out a different and lighter foundation so this seemed like the perefect one to go for. This is the first Bourjois foundation that I have bought so I'm hoping that it lives up to expectations.

I've been after the Makeup Revolution baked eyeshadows for a while now but because my local Superdrugs don't stock Makeup Revolution I've had to wait until I found a store that did. I picked up the shade Pure and Innocent (here) which contains golden, brown and pink shimmer shades and I've loved all their other eye shadows so I don't think that these will disappoint. While at the stand I decided that I might as well pick up a few more bits to make up the 3 for 2 offer. I already have a few palettes from Makeup Revolution so I wanted to try some out a few different products. I picked up the inner eye brightener (here) and the pressed powder in porcelain (here). I actually really like the packaging of the pressed powder which also contains a sponge applicator in the bottom and I can't wait to try out these products soon.

I would've walked past the KIKO store if it wasn't for the fact that my sister desperately wanted to go in and have a look. I hadn't heard much about KIKO and just assumed that it was another expensive high end store but while looking around I noticed that they had some really good deals! The whole of this only cost £13.90.The first thing that I picked up was the velvet mat lipstick in 602 (here) and I've been on the lookout for a nude lipstick so this shade looked perfect for me. To go along with the lipstick I got the lip liner to match in the shade 502 (here). I loved the packaging of these lipsticks so much that I wanted to go back and get another one so I picked up the luminous chrome lipstick in the shade 706 (here).


The most exciting purchase of the trip was my YSL lipstick, which was at the top of my high end lipstick wishlist which you can read (here). In the end I bought the shade Pink in Paris 13 which wasn't my first choice but I still love this shade just as much. The very helpful lady at the YSL counter helped me pick out a second shade when I found out that the first one I'd picked out was out of stock, just my luck, but the Pink in Paris was a very similar shade to the original one so I was very happy to go ahead and purchase this one instead.

Victoria-Jane
x

Follow me on Bloglovin here


1 comment: