Friday 7 November 2014

Max Factor Colour Correctors Review!

A few weeks ago I went into Boots to pick up a new bottle of my everyday foundation Max Factor Lasting Performance, as usual there was an offer for 3 for 2 on all Max Factor products so I ended up picking up more than I intended. I saw the colour corrector's and thought that they were exactly what I've been after as the two things that I'm really self conscious about are my dark under circles and the scars left behind from my ache so once I purchased these I couldn't wait to try them out. In the past I've tried a few colour correcting products and although they helped they still didn't provide me with what I was aiming for so I was praying that these would do the job.


The green one aims to reduce any redness in skin tone and make the appearance of spots smaller and less visible. The yellow one works to correct the blue/purplish colours under the eyes to brighten up dark under circles so you look more awake and radiant. They are stocked in 5 different shades that aim to neutralise any skin tones. They have a crayon shape applicator which makes it easy to target specific areas and apply directly on the area that you want to counterbalance.
You can get them from Boots here for £8.99.


I really, really, really wanted to love both of these but I do have mixed emotions about both shades. I added both of them to my daily makeup routine for a week and then took them out to see if I noticed any changes. I've preferred the green corrector out of the two because I did notice a difference when I took it out of my routine. While wearing it I was able to wear less products than before which made my base foundation appear more natural and flawless. When I had these in my daily routine I applied them on areas that I wished to correct and then applied a thinner layer of foundation over the top and my scars were completely invisible. Usually I have to apply a thicker layer of foundation and then concealer over the top to completely cover any scars so using this has made life a little easier and helped to make my foundation appear natural and flawless. However the under eye corrector wasn't as big of a hit.The consistency of the corrector's are waxy so it can be difficult to blend them completely into the skin. When applied to areas away from the eyes it doesn't become much of a problem but by the under eyes I didn't want to be apply to much pressure because the under eyes are so sensitive so I found it hard to use them effectively. The one thing that I did like about the under eye corrector was that my under eye concealer seemed to last longer which is a big bonus because that's the first place where my makeup disappears throughout the day.
So far these have been the best colour corrector's that I have come across and I'd recommend the green colour corrector if you suffer from redness, scars or blemishes. I do think that I'll end up repurchasing these again and I'm looking to try out the highlighter shade next.

Have you tried any other colour correcting products? Would you recommend them?

Victoria-Jane 
x

Follow me on Bloglovin here

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried colour correcting products, maybe it's something I should search into :o

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete